This How Many Licks Does It Take to Get to the Center? lesson plan also includes:
Get a better answer than Mr. Owl. The class tackles the age-old question by collecting data to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of three different types of suckers. Individuals make predictions and analyze three types of data displays to assess their predictions. They determine which display is best in answering the initial statistical question.
- Lead a discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of each of the data displays
- Class members should collect the data as homework
- Each individual needs a Blow Pop, Tootsie Pop, and a Dum-Dum
- Answer key contains sample responses
- Includes suggestions for extensions