This How Hot Is It? lesson plan also includes:
Do you hear that? Let's model it! Using a CD of chirping crickets at various temperatures, learners count the number of chirps per minute. Teams plot calculated averages on a scatter plot and determine the line of best fit for their data. With the aid of their lines of best fit, groups find unknown temperatures based on the number of chirps they hear.
- Provide a quick review of associations with scatter plots
- Individuals should be able to determine a linear equation from a graph
- Uses the CD "Myths and Science of Cricket Chirps"
- Provides an alternative if the CD is not available
- Includes answer keys with sample answers
- Contains suggestions for feedback