This How High Can I Go? lesson plan also includes:
All you need to graph a quadratic? Two points and a line! Working in pairs, classmates find the roots of a quadratic. After learning how to find the axis of symmetry and its importance in finding the vertex, pairs graph several quadratic equations. Scholars match their graphs with ones posted around the room.
- Have pupils practice identifying roots and axis of symmetry of a quadratic from the equation
- Lead a discussion on why a parabola would open up or down
- Individuals should be comfortable with solving quadratic equations
- Includes blackline masters of the graphs to post in the classroom
- The answer key identifies the key features of each equation and graph
- Graphs in the summative assessment are not clear