This How Do You Measure the Immeasurable? lesson plan also includes:
How do you measure a distance where the measurement tool will not reach? Pupils use the concept of similar triangles to perform indirect measurements. The lesson plan asks teachers to demonstrate the method and lead the class through a set of problems.
- Conduct a quick review of finding missing sides in similar figures
- Review ways to show two triangles are similar
- Individuals should know properties of similar triangles
- Contains a PowerPoint to guide the instruction
- Answer keys show the work necessary to arrive at the solution