This How a Ball Falls activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Discover the power of mathematical modeling using a hands-on activity. Participants collect data on the height, velocity, and time to model the height of a tossed ball over time. Collaborative groups toss a ball and use video analysis as well as a quadratic model to create their functions.
- Give each group a different type of ball; compare equations and graphs of those equations
- Expects a solid understanding of different types of functions
- Requires a camera to collect and view video
- Includes a worksheet for pupils to follow as they complete the lesson
- Uses a hands-on approach to studying functions