This Hot Coffee Coming Through lesson plan also includes:
Not too hot, not too cold! Provide the right temperature of coffee every time. Teams develop and conduct an experiment to determine whether coffee cups meet the requirements set forth by a fictional coffee company. The groups collect and analyze data from the experiment and recommend a cup to the company.
- Have the class determine variables to control for during the experiment
- Requires several coffee cups of various designs
- Must have a method to heat several cups of water to the same temperature
- Contains tables to help organize data
- Includes a link to instructions for a particular type of temperature sensor
- Provides an optional activity that uses hypothesis testing