This Holidays Around the World lesson plan also includes:
Holidays are a wonderful opportunity to reunite with family, celebrate traditions, and pass on customs to the next generation. Elementary learners learn about international holidays before creating an ABC book that features one holiday for each letter of the alphabet.
- Apply the lesson to a specific world holiday, such as Diwali or El Dia de los Muertos
- Invite students to write expository essays on holidays that their families celebrate
- Requires teachers to find their own books about multicultural holidays, but some examples are listed
- Lesson takes two days of instruction
- Provides links for extending the lesson and for providing additional practice for struggling learners
- Recognizes multicultural holidays from around the world