This Hit the Deck: Area and Perimeter Preview lesson plan also includes:
Designing a deck sure demands a lot of math. Future engineers and architects learn about the areas and perimeters of squares, rectangles, triangles, and composite figures. They apply their new knowledge to design a deck with a specified area. This is the 10th lesson in a series of 16.
- Have learners research floor plans for the school or other buildings of interest
- Pupils should have a conceptual understanding of area and perimeter
- It is not necessary for individuals to know formulas for areas
- Provides roles for different group members
- Includes worksheets for each part of the activity
- Diagrams are a bit basic