This History of Life on Earth lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Introduce your class to Google Calendar with a collaborative learning project that asks groups to create and share a Google calendar that compresses the history of life on Earth into a single year. Groups research a geological era (Pre-cambrian, Paleozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic) and record significant events and import images to the shared timeline.
- Flip the lesson and have class members view the calendar tutorial out of class, saving class time for collaboration, research, and teacher guidance
- The calendar assignment may be used in any subject
- Your school/district must sign up for Google Classroom; it is not available on an individual basis
- Each class members must have an account
The six-page packet includes step-by-step directions for creating and sharing the calendar, illustrations and screenshots, a rubric, and links to tutorials and related materials