This Hellbenders Rock! lesson plan also includes:
Some animal behaviors actually contribute to decreases in population. A hands-on lesson has learners explore the interaction of the hellbender amphibian with its habitat. The lesson uses a game app, video, and coloring pages to describe the hellbender's life cycle and how it is affected by changes to the ecosystem.
- Compare wildlife conservation strategies for the hellbender with local endangered species
- Incorporate during a unit on life cycles
- Provide individuals with Internet-enabled devices
- Includes a detailed teaching guide with important background information
- Provides links to additional resources to support the content