What helium is and why it is different than the other gases that are abundant in the universe is the focus of a resource that goes on to explain how scientists use the limited supply of this gas in MRI machines, the large hadron collider, and to detect nuclear bombs.
- Read an update on the amount of helium people have access to http://www.popsci.com/researchers-just-found-huge-helium-reserve-in-africa
- Debate if helium should be sold for balloons or reserved for scientific and medical use only
- Be aware the comments are open to the public and include discussions of substances that are often abused
- Short, engaging video holds viewers' attention
- Provides closed captioning for ELLs