This Height vs. Shoe Size lesson plan also includes:
Does getting taller lead to larger feet? A instructional activity provides an opportunity for the class to explore causal relationships. Using the shoe size and height of class members, pupils learn about correlation and estimates of the correlation coefficient. They then use what they know about correlations to look at the idea of causation.
- Brainstorm lists of variables that do have a causation relationship
- Teacher needs access to GeoGebra
- Realize that shoe sizes not uniform for boys and girls
- The lesson plan is broken out in a time line
- Includes a PowerPoint presentation to guide the instruction