This Hard Rock Candy lab resource also includes:
Science is the key to the best candy recipes! A laboratory investigation asks learners to monitor the effects of temperature, time, and chemical additives have on the texture of rock candies. Young scholars compare the size of crystals to variations in each of these factors.
- Ask pupils to make different candies at home and bring in to discuss procedures
- Incorporate to introduce a unit on crystals
- Requires a specific set of materials
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary throughout
- Provides important background knowledge