This Happy New Year! handout & reference also includes:
From fireworks to costumes to dancing and watching a ball drop, the New Year is celebrated in different ways around the world. After reading a three-page passage on different countries' New Year traditions, pupils respond to 10 questions based on what they read.
- Use as an instructional tool or as independent practice
- As an extension, have class members create a Venn diagram to compare and contrast how the New Year is celebrated in two different countries mentioned in the passage
- Best used in a study of winter holidays around the world
- Passage is a Lexile® 460 reading leve
- The six-page packet comes with the reading passage, 10 reading response questions, vocabulary worksheets, and an answer key
- Designed for Common Core