This Halfway to the Middle! lesson plan also includes:
Discover how to divide the sides in half to create fourths. Using construction tools, learners find the midpoints of the three sides of two triangles. First, they create four triangles by drawing in the line segments connecting the midpoints; this helps pupils determine the relationship of these triangles to the original. Next, the class uses the information to solve algebraic equations relating the lengths of mid-segments to the lengths of the sides.
- Challenge the class to construct the original triangle when given the triangle formed by the mid-segments
- Individuals need geometric construction tools
- Scholars should know the Pythagorean Theorem
- Answer key shows the construction marks required
- Contains an exit ticket to check for understanding