This Hair & Nails: How Fast Do They Grow? lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Find here a complete lesson dealing with the equations and graphs of proportional relationships, as well as what each individual point on such a graph represents. It may appeal to girls in particular, as the data details the growth rates of hair and fingernails. Individuals measure the length of their own hair, apply a unit rate equation, graph the growth, and then predict how long it will take for it to reach a specified length.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Seventh graders will have fun measuring hair length and then applying math skills
- Designed for seventh grade Common Core standards in ratios and proportional relationships
- Several additional resources are provided regarding hair and nail growth