Will you teach about alkali metals? Na! The fourth video in a 15-part series covers the first group on the periodic table, explains how these elements are related, and which properties they have in common. Also included is a brief explanation of why these elements would have these properties as well.
- Remind scholars of the difference between periods and groups on the periodic table
- Discuss why Helium isn't included in the discussion of Group 1
- Relies on prior knowledge electrons, valence electrons, and ions
- Brief video helps maintain pupils' attention
- Clear diagrams and graphics simplify the concepts