This Grapevine Fabrication—Part 2 lesson plan also includes:
How do generics stand up against name brands? Groups work to compare three different generic brands of raisins to a recognizable name brand. Classmates count the number of raisins in each box and share with other teams. Using the data, they create a variety of displays and compare them to the same displays from the name brand raisins. Individuals then make recommendations on the brand of raisins to buy based on the comparisons.
- Before beginning the lesson, lead a discussion on ways to compare two or more groups
- Requires doing Grapevine Fabrication - Part 1
- Groups need three different generic boxes of raisins
- Includes a handout to organize pupils' work
- Displays the STEM skills and practices incorporated in the lesson