Invite your pupils to send one another off with words of wisdom that they have learned over the past year. For the speech, individuals focus on a life lesson and reflect on the universal truth inherent in the lesson.
78 Views 65 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- For a class that isn't graduating this year, transform this project into an end-of-year reflection speech
- Support pupils by providing an outline or graphic organizer for writing the speech
- When first drafts are complete, have learners practice in small groups to work on their public speaking skills and to get feedback on their drafts
- The resource includes due dates specific to the year it was created; you will want to change these, but they can act as a guideline for you when setting up the schedule for drafts and presentations
- There is also specific information relating to the school of the teacher who created this resource, so you may prefer to use it as a guide for creating your own personal class handout
- Includes a clear description of what a life lesson might be and how to expand upon it in a speech