This Grade 9-10 Literacy in Social Studies: Imperialism unit also includes:
Why was imperialism so common in Europe? Young historians research reasons for European imperialism, and the consequences. Scholars demonstrate their findings in essays and also participate in group discussions, and weekly reflections to deepen their understanding.
- Have learners create timelines for European imperial events
- Direct pupils to create visual boards representing imperialism
- Does not provide all resources in the unit
- Provided rubric for the final essay makes grading easier
- The unit does not provide the resources to complete the mini lectures, which may increase the time required to prepare the lesson