This Grade 8 Literacy in Science: Humans and the Environment unit also includes:
Humans have a push-pull type of relationship with their environments. Individuals investigate the human influence on the environment with a series of formative and summative assessments. They read informative text that provides information about renewable energy sources and then communicate their conclusions in written form.
- Collaborate with the English department to create an interdisciplinary lesson
- Incorporate as a performance task when studying human impact on the environment
- Expects proficiency with writing to compare and contract and present evidence
- Provides a rubric to help communicate expectations and score final products
- Includes common student misconceptions to help plan for instruction