Your students may not have ever had to decide between a smoking and nonsmoking area in a restaurant, but they still need to understand the health ramifications of secondhand smoke. A comprehensive infographic includes several facts about secondhand smoke, particularly in bars and restaurants, and how smoking in public can adversely affect others.
- Send home the link for learners to study and take notes on for homework
- Have class members write a journal entry about their experience with someone smoking near a restaurant
- Assign a research project on the smokefree laws in your home state and/or city
- Resource claims that 24 states do not have comprehensive smokefree laws for these business establishments; have learners conduct extra research to verify, update, and/or elaborate upon that claim
- Best used as an electronic resource
- Provides additional links for research
- Easy to read and understand