This GMAW Shielding Gas Mix lesson plan also includes:
Can your young welders select the correct shielding gas mixture for the task at hand? Introduce them to the percent calculations needed to get the job done right with a simple, yet effective, career and technology instructional activity. After working examples in a presentation, learners partner up based on the random quantity they draw to demonstrate understanding of the concepts.
- Use the extra credit question as a fun, friendly competition
- For a twist on the formative assessment, have pairs explain when they would use the mixture they created in a real-world welding situation
- Make sure a variety of cylinders are accessible for student examination during the formal assessment; consider numbering them to make grading easier as well!
- Presents material in an engaging manner
- The resource provides a good balance of collaborative and individual practice