This Geometric Mean Proof assessment also includes:
Mean is an average, but what is the geometric mean of two line segments? Scholars prove that the altitude to the hypotenuse is the geometric mean of the two parts of the hypotenuse. But first, they must explain why the two triangles formed by the altitude are similar.
- Use the resource as an exit ticket
- Learners should have familiarity with similarity and proportionality
- Note that the rubric uses specific theorem names that may be slightly different than those you use in the classroom
- Teachers can use the printable worksheet without alterations
- Well-drawn diagram enhances the resource
- Some parts of rubric (PDF) are difficult to read at normal size