This Geometric Mean and Indirect Measurement lesson plan also includes:
Often, measuring indirectly is the only way to go. Young mathematicians measure the height of tall objects indirectly. The activity requires the use of ratios and similar triangles.
24 Views 37 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Resource suggests heterogeneous groups of three or four
- Be sure to check with the administration before taking pupils outside
- Activity requires a tape measure and protractor for each group
- Teenagers will appreciate opportunity to go outside
- Includes a variety of worksheets for the lesson