This Generate and Choose a Topic for Argumentatitive Writing instructional video also includes:
It's no secret that children are full of opinions, but choosing one to write about can be difficult. Walk young writers through the process of brainstorming, narrowing down, and choosing a topic in the first lesson of this series on argumentative writing. Consider pausing the video after each of the three steps to allow the class to follow a along. Prior to this lesson, be sure the class is clear on the distinction between fact and opinion; a concept that is at the foundation of persuasive writing.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Clearly models the process of choosing a topic for a persuasive essay
- Includes examples of writing topics that learners can relate to
- Designed for Common Core writing standards
- Teacher must develop a context that engages learners in writing persuasively
- A graphic organizer is required to support students with the process of choosing a topic