This Future Literacies: Crash Course Media Literacy #12 video also includes:
How will new technologies such as artificial intelligence and facial recognition affect the future of media literacy? Scholars explore how data literacy and algorithmic literacy are shaping the future by collecting and using people's information. Pupils also discover how social media websites use algorithms to design carefully curated news feeds for unsuspecting users.
- Pause the video intermittently to allow for student reflection or note taking
- Have small groups discuss their favorite new technologies and their potential impacts on media literacy
- Fast-paced narration is difficult to follow at times
- Humor and a conversational tone create an interesting and engaging video
- Text and graphics help reinforce and support content