Does it make more sense to teach the Second Fundamental Theorem of Calculus before the First Fundamental Theorem of Calculus? An AP® Calculus curriculum module explores the interesting question. A set of five worksheets first looks at how to introduce the Second Fundamental Theorem of Calculus through graphical means. It then explains how to derive the First Fundamental Theorem of Calculus before pupils learn how to apply antiderivatives to evaluate definite integrals.
- Use the resource to help develop a unit plan for the AP® Calculus course
- Learners should be familiar with the definite integral and Riemann sums
- Knowledge of the chain rule is necessary
- Each worksheet includes teaching notes for the instructor
- Provides a list of previous AP® exam questions relevant to the topic