The capture of Morris Island was one of many Northern attempts to capture Fort Sumter. Budding historians learn about the Northern Army's efforts to invade Charleston by taking Morris Island, which was part of Fort Sumter. An informative resource discusses the challenges troops faced, including lack of food and high temperatures. It also includes information about the Northern soldiers of the Massachusetts 54th.
- Use the video clips to create a timeline of Fort Sumter during the war
- Compare Morris Island to other naval battles during the Civil War
- Installment six of a seven-part series
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Video uses primary images to enhance learning
- The resource highlights the efforts of Northern African American troops