This Floating on Air activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
It'd be even cooler if we could build hovercrafts that can carry people. Young engineers use CDs and other materials to create miniature hovercrafts. They test out their hovercrafts to see how long they float. The goal is to build a hovercraft that can last at least 10 seconds in the air.
- Have the class research the engineering principles of different transportation methods
- Learners should have experience with forces and force-body diagrams
- Some household materials are necessary for the activity
- Includes a set of reflection questions
- Pupils appreciate the hands-on nature of the activity