This Find Benchmark Numbers Using a Number Line instructional video also includes:
The second of eight videos on rounding whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100 describes how to use a number line to create benchmark numbers. A review of place value and counting by 10s starts off the lesson, followed by a discussion on how to locate numbers on the line.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- The video gives a good example to show how you can count by 10 even with three- or four-digit numbers
- Two examples are given of how create a number line for the value 345; the first shows creating increments of 10, the second shows increments of 1
- Text bubbles appear occasionally to reinforce what the speaker is saying; however, the text is there for such a brief period of time that it is hard to read
- The video does not address rounding to the nearest hundred, so you may want to do a follow-up activity to discuss this concept