Teach your class a thing or two about figurative language with this straightforward presentation. The presentation defines figurative language as well as various types of figurative language, such as metaphor, alliteration, onomatopoeia, and more. Examples of each term are included.
- Provide an accompanying note page while presenting these terms
- Pause at each example and have learners practice identifying the poetic element most exemplified by the poem
- Since this does present quite a few terms, you may wish to split it up over the course of a few days; learners can practice the different terms in between
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Poems including examples of the poetic devices are provided to support the definitions