This Fast Lane activity & project also includes:
How are electromagnets used in modern technology? Scholars explore the uses of electromagnets, then build their own with household products and test them with magnetic materials. They discuss how the different properties of electromagnets affect their strength. Finally, learners build their own electromagnetic trains or explore how a drone works.
- Have pupils research other uses of electromagnets and create presentations
- Allow students to compare different modes of transportation and the benefits and risks of each
- Requires materials typical classrooms likely do not have
- Offers extension activity where learners build their own electromagnetic trains
- Gives examples of how to connect to real-life applications