This Fashion and Design: Pattern Maker lesson plan also includes:
What do computer science and fashion have in common? Answer: Patterns. Pupils learn about procedures in computer science. They then use the Scratch block-based coding language to create a program that permits users to design their own patterns for clothing.
- Team up with the family and consumer sciences teachers for the lesson
- See if it would be possible for learners to create actual t-shirts using the patterns they made
- Scholars should be familiar with variables in computer coding
- Seventh of eight activities in the CS First Fashion and Design unit
- Video tutorials help participants through the project
- Pacing guide aids in keeping the class on track