This Family Traits and Traditions: A Make-a-Match Game lesson plan also includes:
How do family traditions influence how people look? Learners explore the idea in a match game to complete the final installment of the eight-part Introduction to Heredity unit. Players flip over cards to find matches and, while doing so, determine if traits are inherited or acquired. Playing with a partner or in a small group, they continue until they find all the matches ... the one who collects the most matches wins!
- Play as a review game before a major assessment
- Have pupils play with a partner or in a small group to better discuss each trait and identify it as inherited or acquired
- Requires some preparation before the activity
- Engaging and fun activity
- Great practice for comparing inherited and acquired traits
- Little evaluation or analysis of learning