This Extracting DNA from a Banana lesson plan also includes:
DNA is not just in humans — it is present in all living cells, even those we consume every day. Assist your class as they extract DNA from a banana through using chemicals and filtration.
61 Views 64 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Use this experimental procedure to extract DNA from other fruits, such as a strawberry or kiwi
- Have the class research DNA extraction to discuss the importance it has on our livelihood
- Make sure no individual eats the materials or ingests the chemicals as this may cause injury
- DNA extraction provides the class with visual evidence and an exciting conclusion to the experiment
- Includes a worksheet and answers to ensure all pupils understand the objectives