This Expressions with Zero and Negative Exponents lesson plan also includes:
Be a hero—not a zero! Challenge scholars to look for patterns to develop properties of zero and negative exponents. Through exploration, individuals find patterns and apply them to expressions with zero and negative exponents.
11 Views 9 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have pupils create a foldable or graphic organizer to record notes on the different exponent properties
- After the warm-up activity, have pupils share their discoveries with a partner
- Expects pupils have experience with multiplication and division properties of exponents
- Provides both an opening and closing exercise
- Enables learners to develop the properties on their own through structured discovery