This Exploring Place Value with M&Ms activity & project also includes:
Thank goodness M&M's® melt in your mouth and not in your hands! Fourth grade mathematicians are really going to enjoy this chocolate-filled math activity that teaches about place value with the help of these tasty treats. By using the M&M's as math manipulatives, chilren learn to read and write the numbers in expanded form up to the ten thousands place.
- Give each child a sheet of construction paper to place their candy on during the activity
- You will need to buy chocolate M&M's® for this activity; consider asking for donations from parents
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Enticing math activity that involves chocolate candies
- Designed for Common Core math standards