This Exploding Populations lesson plan also includes:
According to the UN, the world's population could be as high as 17 billion by 2100. In the activity, scholars briefly read about human population growth. In groups, they then research the relationship between human population and availability of natural resources to determine global priorities. Activity eight in a series of 10.
- Activity best fits toward end of a unit on environmental issues
- Teachers may want to assign groups specific topics and websites in order to keep them focused
- Not all websites in activity may be active; teachers may to find alternative sites
- The eights in a series of 10 biodiversity lessons
- Includes handouts, web addresses, and a rubric for expository piece
- You don't need many materials to complete the activity