This Experimental Determination of the Gas Constant lesson plan also includes:
The gas constant relates the energy scale to the temperature scale through a constant of proportionality. Young chemists perform an experiment to determine the value of the gas constant. Then, they practice using the gas laws to solve a variety of problems in the ninth lesson of an 11-part series.
- Review how to use an eudiometer, a water bath, and water displacement before the experiment
- Use extreme caution as some chemicals are dangerous to the skin and others are highly flammable
- Requires prior knowledge of moles, Kelvins, and other standard units of measurment
- Offers a pre-lab worksheet covering the material scholars should know before setting up the experiment
- Provides diagrams of the proper setup of all equipment