This Environmental Entrepreneurs lesson plan also includes:
An ant that won't go away is called a permanent. Learners compare and contrast two mechanical controls for pests in this 11th activity of the series. Based on their comparisons, scholars choose the control they would invest in and give reasonings.
- Model how to fill in Handout 3—Written Document Analysis Worksheet—the first time it appears in the activity
- Preread articles and determine if they should be read aloud, individually, or as a class
- Depending upon speed of reading, discussions, and work completed, the activity may take more than one class period
- Includes handouts, readings, worksheet, rubric, and insect information
- Contains follow-through activity where learners create their own pest control mechanical device