This Engineering Design Challenge: Exploring Structures in High School Geometry lesson plan also includes:
Applying their knowledge of theorems about lines, angles, and triangles, groups build a toothpick and stick bridge to support their text book. The teams use the design process to plan, build, test, and refine their bridge designs. The activity requires teammates to make a connection of theorems to their design choices.
- Review the engineering design process
- Have teams develop a report on their designs and their ability to meet the requirements
- The class should be familiar with theorems and postulates about congruent figures and lines and angles
- Provides links to videos to engage the class
- Includes a rubric to use to assess the project