This Energy Sustainability in the Klamath Basin activity also includes:
- Primary Source
- Join to access all included materials
High schoolers research the hydroelectric plant removal project that is underway on the Klamath River. They consider the replacement of hydroelectric dams with geothermal power plants and form an argument based on their viewpoints. Since this is a current topic, it is and ideal case study for emerging enviromentalists.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website.It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Examination of actual current events helps high schoolers practice researching and forming opinions that will contribute to their community
- Raises awareness of efforts in moving to more sustainable and eco-conscious methods for generating electricity
- Writing assignment addresses Common Core State Standards