"I think every First Lady since Eleanor Roosevelt is measured against Eleanor Roosevelt." With this brief mini-bio, discover how the longest-serving First Lady of the United States expanded the role by developing her own constituency, leveraging mass media, and taking an active role in public policy.
- This is an excellent resource to incorporate in your study of the period in the United States following the Great Depression
- Use this video to prompt an analysis of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Queue video to skip third-party advertisement
- Incorporates several photographs and film clips from the historical period
- Includes excerpts of interviews with historians offering various perspectives of Eleanor Roosevelt
- Entertaining video