This El Niño and Global Warming lesson plan also includes:
Investigate the relationship between global warming and El Nino. The first installment of a four-part series on weather and climate looks at how El Nino occurs and the climate effects of El Nino events. A PowerPoint presentation and activity have scholars look at data and graphs to see if global warming might cause more El Nino events.
- Have learners work in groups on the activity
- Invite a climatologist to give a presentation on El Nino
- Make a transparency of the diagrams or provide the file to pupils so they can see the color coding
- Provides a list of resources for additional research
- Includes assessment questions to use with the class after discussion/activity