This EdTech Tuesdays: Eat & Move-O-Matic video also includes:
Trying to raise awareness about nutrition and making healthy choices, but can't find a resource that engages students? Then you've come to the right place. In this short video, Jennifer and Rich demonstrate an app called the Eat & Move-O-Matic, which allows users to compare the calories in different foods with the amount of time it would take to burn off that energy by performing different activities.
- Share this video with your school's physical education department and discuss ways the app can be integrated into the health curriculum
- View this video during a staff meeting to discuss ways for improving the health of students
- Having trouble getting the video to play smoothly? Clicking the blue HD letters in the lower right corner will play the video at a lower resolution and decrease buffering time
- Key features of the app are demonstrated using screenshots
- Offers suggestions of ways to use this resource with students in the classroom