This Ecosystem Interdependence: Managing Salmon for Healthy Forests lesson plan also includes:
Examine the impact the fishing industry has on local ecosystems. The hands-on instructional activity begins with an experiment that tests the effectiveness of fish-based fertilizers. It continues with a computer-based module that simulates sustainable salmon harvests.
- Record new vocabulary in a graphic organizer such as a Frayer diagram
- Following the lesson, have individuals write down three key takeaways from the lesson; create a list as a whole group
- Requires laptops with Internet access for each pupil
- Includes extension activities
- Provides a detailed teacher guide for lesson management