This Dream Boards lesson plan also includes:
What do you want to be when you grow up? For high schoolers, that question may be coming up more often every day. Help them contemplate their future careers with a dream board activity in which they create a poster to visually represent their goals.
- Use the lesson in a life skills class or when discussing careers in a language arts unit
- Have learners display their dream boards in the classroom for parents to see during an Open House
- Requires a class set of magazines that feature photographs of various careers; have learners bring in what they have to collect a variety of sources
- Accesses a variety of language arts skills
- Encourages learners to think positively and constructively toward their future lives