This Drawing Idioms lesson plan also includes:
Don't cry over spilled lesson plans! A straightforward language arts activity prompts learners to draw both literal and figurative representations of common idioms. You'll have a whale of a time!
50 Views 26 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Bring the lesson into a unit on figurative language or before starting a book that includes idioms
- Display finished drawings in the classroom or hallway
- Frontload some of the more common idioms before starting the lesson
- Provides differentiation options for English learners, who may have a harder time understanding English idioms
- Aligned to Common Core standards