This Discovering Life Below the Sea Floor: An Introduction to How Science Works and the Science Flowchart lesson plan also includes:
What is science and does it always look like the scientific method? The lesson follows a scientist as she conducts research to determine if she is doing science. It highlights the importance of creativity, invention, and collaboration throughout the scientific process.
- Learn about other scientific discoveries happening on the same research vessel here: www.joidesresolution.org
- Prepare the materials for the introductory activity well ahead of when you need them
- If highlighters aren't available, encourage scholars to underline or notate the sections of the reading another way
- Includes a poster emphasizing the concepts covered
- Follows a female scientist without emphasizing that females are rare at that level of scientific research